From 1 May 2021, Corona vaccination drive will start for all the citizens of India who are above the age of 18 years. For getting the vaccine shot, online registration will start from 28 April 2021. This is the third phase of the Corona vaccination that has been planned by Government of India.
All the citizens of India can pre-book the date of their vaccination. We are going to share all the details related to the third phase of Corona vaccination drive in this article.
Registration of Covid-19 Vaccination
From 1 May, all the citizens of India are eligible for Corona Vaccination. The registration will start from 28 April, 2021. The vaccination drive will start from 1 May. There are two mobile Apps through which one can register for the vaccination namely CoWin and Arogya Setu mobile App.
If in case, somebody is unable to register online, for some reason, they can register themselves on the district health centres and the dedicated vaccination centres. For registration purpose, you will be asked for some ID proofs like – Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Mobile Number, Passport etc. On the basis of these documents your registration process will be completed.
Some facts related to Corona Vaccination: –
- Third phase of Corona Vaccination will start from 1 May 2021 for all the citizens of India, who are above the age of 18 years.
- The mode of registration for the vaccination will be online.
- From 28 April, the process of registration will start.
- Cowin or ArogyaSetu Mobile App can be used for the registration.
- Those citizens who cannot register online for some reason, can register themselves at the nearest health centers or vaccination centres.
- At government health centres, the vaccination will be done free of cost.
- At private health centres, a nominal fee of Rs. 250 will be charged from the citizens of India for getting the vaccination done.
- Two doses of the vaccination will be administered. The second dose will be given after a specified period of time.
CoWin Registration: How to do Registration for Corona Vaccination?
Follow the steps discussed below, if you want to register yourself for getting Corona vaccine.
- For registering yourself through Cowin portal visit the portal www.selfregistration.cowin.in/
- To register on this portal, you need to have a registered mobile number. At the home page, you will find the option ‘Register’, click on that.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your mobile number. Enter your mobile number.
- You will get an OTP on your mobile number. Enter that OTP on the portal to verify your number.
- After successful verification of your mobile number, you will be asked to enter the details of your chosen ID, be it Aadhaar card, PAN card or any other ID proof. Together with the ID, some general information like Gender, DOB etc. will also be asked. After entering the desired information, click the tab ‘Register’.
- If all the information entered by you will be correct, you will be registered, and you will also get a confirmation SMS on the same mobile number that you have registered on the portal.
- All the details of the registration can be cross checked.
- If you want to add more members, just click on the option ‘Add more’. Again, you have to enter all the related information of that member and click on the ‘Register’ tab in the end.
How to book an Appointment after Successful Registration?
As already discussed, there are two ways to make registration. Through AarogyaSetu App and CoWin App. Here, we are discussing both the ways. Follow the steps discussed for both the methods for scheduling an appointment.
(A) Booking an Appointment through CoWin App: –
- After registering yourself or more members, you need to complete the process of scheduling the booking on https://www.aarogyasetu.gov.in/.
- For scheduling the appointment, open the page of ‘account details. ‘
- There will be an option on the screen labelled ‘Schedule Appointment to book Vaccination Appointment’, choose that.
- At this stage, you will need to select the state, related district/block etc. and also the PIN code of the area. There will be an option of ‘Search’ at the end. Click on that.
- Now, you will be able to see a list of all the vaccination centres that are available for booking. Together with the details of the vaccination centre, there will be more information related to it like how many bookings are left, how many vaccination doses are available for people of different age groups on a particular date in that centre etc.
- Select the vaccination centre for which you want to make booking and check for the availability of booking slots.
- If the slots are available on the desired date and time on the desired centre, you can make a booking. For this, click on the ‘Schedule Appointment’ option.
- Again, you will be asked to confirm the time slot, centre and date etc. After checking the details, click on the ‘Confirm’ option.
- If everything goes well, you will get an SMS on your mobile number confirming your booking. You will get all the details of the booking as well. Save the appointment details for future use.
(B) Booking an appointment through ArogyaSetu App: –
- 1. For registering through Arogya Setu Mobile App, open the Arogya Setu App.
- 2. Click on the ‘Cowin’ tab present on the home screen of the App.
- 3. Now click on the option ‘Register’
- 4. You will now be asked about your mobile number. Enter it. You will get an OTP. Enter it, to verify your mobile number.
- 5. On the next page, you will be asked some information like your ID, ID number, Gender, DOB etc. Enter all the details carefully, and then enter the ‘Submit’ tab.
- 6. If you want to add any other member of your family for the vaccination, you can easily do so by click on the ‘Add Beneficiary’ option.
- 7. A new page will then open on which you need to choose the option ‘Schedule Vaccination’. For searching a vaccination nearby your area, just enter the pin code of your area. In this way, you will be able to see the details of all the vaccination centres that are near to your area. After entering the PINCODE, click on the tab ‘Find Vaccination Centre’.
- 8. Now, on the next page you will need to check the availability of the vaccination. After checking the availability, click on the ‘Proceed’ tab. This can be done only if the booking slots are available for that particular date in that centre.
- 9. After the completion of the process, click on the ‘Confirm Appointment’ option. Your appointment will now be successful. Save the details of the booking appointment for further use.
Eligibility and Required documents for Covid – 19 vaccinations: –
The required conditions and eligibility criteria for getting the Covid – 19 vaccinations are: –
- The person must be above the age of 18 years.
- Voter ID card.
- PAN card
- Aadhaar Card
From 1 May 2021 which stage of the vaccination will start?
What is the least age of the registration for the third stage vaccination?
The least age is 18 years.
Citizens of India will be given how many doses of vaccination?
There are two doses of both the vaccines weather it be covaxin or covishield.
What would be the fee for vaccination in the private health centres?
It would be Rs. 250.
Are we going to get free vaccination doses in government health centres?
Where can we do offline registration for the vaccination?
Nearest vaccination health centres.
When will the registration for 1 May covid vaccination starts?
From 28 April 2021.