We all depend on our smartphones on a daily basis to do things like make phone calls, use data to access the internet, book taxis, send WhatsApp messages, and make skype calls, to name a few. It is simple to assume that mobile phones have made our life simpler than they were previously.
But, having so many useful services and capabilities, there is one issue that all of us, or at least the majority of us, have experienced on a daily basis – spam calls. Ask everyone around you how upset they are by spam calls, and you will almost certainly hear a variety of scenarios about how or when a spam call interfered with their focus or peace of mind.
So, how can you get rid of these unwanted phone calls?
Before we go any further and effectively avoid these spam calls, you need to understand what kind of phone calls might be labelled as spam calls.
The DND Filter list below contains the steps you may take to modify and activate.
|DND Filter||Particulars or Benefits|
|SMS ‘START 0’ to 1909||Block completely.|
|SMS ‘START 1’ to 1909||Stop getting calls and SMS from Banking, Insurance|
|SMS ‘START 2’ to 1909||Stop getting calls and SMS from Real Estate|
|SMS ‘START 3’ to 1909||Stop getting calls and SMS from Educational|
|SMS ‘START 4’ to 1909||Stop getting calls and SMS from Health|
|SMS ‘START 5’ to 1909||Stop receiving Consumer Goods calls and SMS.|
|SMS ‘START 6’ to 1909||Stop getting calls and SMS of Communication, Broadcasting|
|SMS ‘START 7’ to 1909||Stop getting calls and SMS from Tourism|
What is DND Filter How does it work?
DND is an abbreviation meaning Do Not Disturb. This is a TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) Regulation that disallows telecom subscribers from unwanted SMS/Calls. According to the most current TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) rules, mobile numbers registered with DND (Do Not Disturb) would not receive any aggressive marketing SMS or commercial calls. If people get such SMS/calls, they can file a complaint with TRAI against the sender.
If you’re unhappy with checking your messages every time you receive an alert and see advertisements or a spam message, it would be a good idea to register your mobile number for the do-not-disturb (DND) service, which will prevent you from receiving unwanted messages and calls. Each telecom operator has its own method for enabling DND. You will no longer receive spam messages on your smartphone once you have enabled DND on your number.
How to Check the DND Number Status?
It is simple to check the DND status of the National Do Not Call Registry. You have two choices. One method is to send a text message to 1909 with the text START DND. Another method is to dial 1909 and follow the instructions. When you send the message, you will need to wait for a confirmation.
How to Activate DND?
Activate DND or Stop all Calls/SMS:
When you agree that you wish to be included in the Registry, you will be given a set of codes to use by IVR options to determine which services can still contact you.
You can SMS back instructions for utilizing the codes that correspond to the services you want to Activate DND (Do Not Disturb)
How to De-Activate DND?
Disable DND or Allow All Calls
Simply click this link if you want to receive marketing calls/SMS. Send the SMS message STOP 0 to 1909 OR Call 1909 and then follow the IVRS instructions.
You can receive calls and SMS from a few selected industries to find a resolution to these difficulties. According to TRAI classification.
If you prefer to receive promotional messages or calls, for example, for completely permitted registration:
1. You can dial 1909 (toll-free) from your landline or mobile phone and choose your Preferences.
- You may also register through SMS by texting STOP DND or STOP 0 to the number 1909. You can send SMS in the format STOP space> preference no > to 1909 if you want to receive SMS on certain categories or for partly banned registration.
There are seven different preference numbers from which to choose:
For example, if you only want to receive messages about HEALTH, text STOP 4 to 1909.
You can also enter several preference numbers, such as STOP 4,6, to get notifications for multiple preferences.
Note: DND service deactivation takes 7 working days.
To deactivate your DND number, call 1909 from your mobile phone or send ‘START DND’ as an SMS to 1909.
How to Check Airtel Mobile DND Status
Airtel users may use the Do-Not-Disturb service to check out of getting promotional messages for third-party services (Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc.). The service has the following features:
- Airtel subscribers can use the Fully Blocked mode to opt out of receiving promotional SMS messages.
- Consumers can use Partial Block Mode to select which promotional messages they want to receive. Any category that is not selected is disallowed.
The following DND activities will be available to customers through SMS.
- View the Status.
- Enable complete blocking
- Enable partial blocking.
- DND can be disabled.
To learn more, text “HELP” to the shortcode 2442.
- Text STOP to 2442 for full DND.
- Text ALLOW to 2442 to receive all texts.
- Text STATUS to 2442 to verify DND status.
Text any of the following parameters to 2442 for partial DND:
- Text 1: In order to acquire Banking/Insurance/Financial Products
- Text 2: Property
- Text 3: Education
- Text 4: Health
- Text 5: To get consumer items and automobiles
- Text 6: Communications/Broadcasting/Entertainment/Information Technology
- Text 7: Tourism and Entertainment
- Text 8: Sport
- Text 9: religion.
- Text 9a: Christianity
- Text 9b: Islam
- Text 9c: Other
- Text 10: New Product/Service Information
- Text 11: News Alerts
How to Check DND Status for Jio
DND may be activated using the MyJio app or Jio.com:
Using the MyJio App
- Login to MyJio
- Choose ‘Profile & Other Settings‘ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Do Not Disturb‘.
- Select ‘Set Preferences.’
- Select your selection and submit your request
- Sign in to Jio.com.
- On the main page, click ‘Settings.’
- Select the ‘Do not disturb‘ option.
- Select ‘Set Preferences.’
- Select your choice and submit your request
How to Active DND for BSNL Mobile
To activate DND on BSNL or MTNL, you should ideally follow the TRAI-recommended techniques. This approach is simple and works on all phones, whether they are smartphones or feature phones. To activate DND on BSNL or MTNL, simply send an SMS or make a phone call. If you follow these procedures, you will accomplish your goal.
- Send SMS START 0 to 1909. This will set your BSNL or MTNL number to full DND.
- To enable complete DND on your BSNL or MTNL phone, dial 1909 and follow the directions.
How to Track VI (Vodafone idea) DND Status
You may simply track your DND status by entering your mobile number onto Vodafone’s website. Take the following actions.
- Browse Vodafone’s DND page at https://www.myvi.in/dnd.
- Enter Vodafone’s phone number and verify with OTP.
- Select Yes under Full DND.
- Enter the captcha text and press the Submit button.
How to Enable DND on Vodafone through SMS or Phone Call
By sending an SMS or making a phone call, you may quickly enable DND on your Vodafone line. Take the following actions.
- Send the SMS command START 0 to 1909. This will enable Full DND on your Vodafone phone number.
- If SMS is not an option, you can do this task via phone. Call 1909 and follow the IVR instructions. This will turn on DND.
Regardless of the telco, DND takes around a week to activate on your phone line, and once active, you will receive fewer calls and text messages from telecom providers.
How to Activate DND Filter for Bulk SMS
Businesses have now been required to follow specific bulk SMS NCCP TRAI laws. Sending promotional SMS to DND contact numbers is prohibited under these regulatory standards. However, if a consumer has signed up or grants approval to receive promotional SMS at the time of purchase (either in-store or online), Even if a firm is registered with DND, it is still permitted to send promotional SMS to it’s mobile number.
Signing a permission form at the time of purchase allows firms to communicate the most recent promotional data via SMS marketing on DND phones. To guarantee that communications are delivered successfully to the receiver, DND and non-DND contact numbers must be properly stored.
The difficulty now is how to find DND numbers in a vast contacts database. Businesses may filter DND numbers from their database by employing smart software. TRAI guidelines allow bulk SMS Excel sending software to send promotional messages to both DND and no-DND phones.
SMS marketing may be quite beneficial to a business, so make sure to thoroughly study the software terms and conditions to learn what services are supplied by bulk messaging service providers and which choices are prohibited. Using the best bulk SMS software, you can keep your consumers up to date on every company change.
How to Register DND Complaint
If a subscriber can get unsolicited commercial communication after seven days from the date of registration in NCPR/DND, he or she may file a complaint with the service provider by calling or texting the toll-free short number 1909 or using the DND App within three days after receiving such UCC.
To lodge a complaint through SMS, the subscriber should send the SMS to 1909 in the following format: The UCC, XXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy, where XXXXXXXXXX is the UCC’s telephone number or header.
Consumers can register their DND Complaint preferences in NCPR by dialling 1909 or sending an SMS to 1909. You may also use the TRAI DND 2.0 mobile app to file a DND complaint.
How to Activate DND By SMS
Stop all categories first by texting START 0 and Send it to 1909. (fully blocked category). Take note that Start “0” indicates “Stop all.”.
How to Activate DND on your Mobile Network – Airtel, Vi, Jio and BSNL
- Call 1909.
- Your Airtel number will be instantly registered as a DND subscriber.
- Send an SMS to 1909 with the text ‘START DND‘ or ‘START 0‘.
- You may completely disable all alerts by typing ‘START 0‘.
Vodafone Idea – VI
- Send a text message to 1909 with the text ‘STOP 0‘.
- To activate the DND service, you will need to wait 4 to 7 days.
Making a Direct Call
- Call 1909 Directly.
- The do not disturb service will be activated on your mobile number shortly.
- Dial 1909 for instructions.
- Your BSNL number will be instantly registered as a DND number.
- From your BSNL mobile number, dial ‘START 0‘ and send an SMS to 1909.
- All cellular operators offer their customers the option to configure their ‘Do Not Disturb‘ services.
However, apart from the techniques listed above, you may always call the customer support centre by dialling 198 from your mobile number, except for Reliance Jio Mobile. The toll-free number 1800 889 9999 is available to Jio members.