State Bank of India is one of the leading government banks in India, offering lots of online services to their customers for convenient usage. One such service is transferring money to another account through NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer). If you wanna transfer money to another person through NEFT then you must need a beneficiary added to your account.
So, follow the below procedures to add beneficiaries to your SBI account in a very simple way through mobile and net banking.
Required Details to Add Beneficiary in SBI Bank
- Account number of the beneficiary.
- Bank Name of the beneficiary.
- Bank IFSC Code of the beneficiary.
- Type of account.
- The bank registered mobile number (You will receive OTP while adding beneficiary).
Procedure to Add Beneficiary through SBI Online Banking
- Just go to the given link “https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm” and then click on “Continue login“.
- Now, login into your SBI Internet Banking accounts to add beneficiaries using your bank credentials.
- After successful login, click on “Payments/Transfer” on the top left of the screen and then select the “Add & Manage Beneficiary” option.
- Now you need to enter the SBI profile password to access the secured option. Note: the profile password is different from your internet banking password.
- After successful login, you will be redirected to a page where you need to choose a beneficiary type like another bank or the same bank, and choose the option based on the beneficiary bank.
- Now, click on “ADD” option and then fill in the beneficiary details like A/C number, IFSC and etc, and then accept the terms and conditions and hit “Submit“.
- On the next page check whether your beneficiary details are correct or not and then click on “Confirm“.
- After confirming, you have to approve the third-party beneficiaries after clicking on ” Approve“, once again, you need to enter the profile password and then select the “Approve Beneficiary” option.
- Now, choose the approval method like “Using OTP” or “Using ATM“. The ATM method will approve the beneficiary instantly, the OTP method will take some time.
- Select whatever option you want, now we will go with the OTP option. So, select “Approve Through OTP“.
- On the next page, select the A/C number and then you will receive OTP to a registered mobile number, enter the OTP and hit Approve button.
- Now, “ATM Method” is like instant activation you will receive 10 digit reference number which you need to enter that reference number at ATM to activate beneficiary
- That’s it! adding SBI Bank Beneficiary is successful.
Procedure Add Beneficiary in SBI Bank through YONO SBI
- First of all, download the “YONO SBI” app from App Store or Play Store.
- After installing it, log in to the app with SBI Bank credentials.
- After successful login, tap on “Fund Transfer” followed by “Add/Manage Beneficiary” on the next page.
- Now enter your profile password and tap the “Submit” button.
- After successful login, choose your beneficiary account type like “Other Bank” or “Same Bank“.
- After choosing, enter your beneficiary details and the OTP (you will receive on bank registered mobile number).
- Now, tap on submit, now you have to approve the account using either “ATM Method” or “OTP Method“.
- Using OTP Method, you can only transfer Rs. 5,00,000/- on the first four days.
- “ATM Method” is like instant activation you will receive 10 digit reference number and you need to enter that reference number at ATM to activate the beneficiary.
For more and complete details please contact the nearest SBI Branch or Call to customer care helpline number.