HDFC Bank is one of the topmost and leading private banks in India, offering a wide range of services to their customers online. An individual can open a bank account either singly or jointly, if it is solely then it is better to add a nominee to your account so that they can manage your account without any problems even after the account holder’s death.
You can add a nominee to your joint account as well, but while you are adding a nominee for both joint and single accounts you should be careful that he/she should be a trusted person. Follow the below instructions to add a nominee to the HDFC bank account through online banking, mobile banking and at the bank.
Add Nominee to HDFC Bank Account Through Net Banking
- Just go to the given link “https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/“.
- Now login into your HDFC account using your customer ID and password.
- After successful login, go to the request section of the accounts tab.
- Now select “View/Update Nominee Details” to add or update HDFC Bank nominee details.
- Fill out the form and then hit confirm button, before submitting make sure that all details are correct.
Add Nominee to HDFC Bank Account by Visiting the Bank Branch
- Go to your nearby HDFC bank branch, but it is better to go to the branch where you hold it.
- Don’t forget to carry any government ID like Aadhaar, Driving Licence.
- Ask anyone working there if I want to add a nominee to my account, then they will give you a form to add a nominee.
- Fill out the form and make sure that there are no mistakes in the form and submit it to them.
- After submitting, collect the acknowledgement and that’s it! you have added a nominee to your account.
An account can have only one individual as a nominee in a bank account. Multiple nominations are not allowed. Banks allow different nominees for different accounts of the same account holder. The account holder may designate any individual as a nominee, whether it is a family member, relative, friend, or anyone else in whom the account holder has confidence.