At any moment, you can cancel or close your Walmart Money Card account without worries. Cancelling your money card account will take 7 to 10 business days. Once terminated your account you have no more extended access services. Once you decide to cancel, you must call the Walmart customer service centre to cancel a preloaded Walmart Money Card.
Best things to empty or clear funds on your account to quickly process your account. Once you request to cancel the card under termination, at the time, don’t use the card. Once completed the closing process, you can’t access the card, and it’s invalid. This simple guide will explain the procedures for cancelling a Money Card Account in various ways.
Cancel Walmart Moneycard Account Online
You may cancel your Walmart Money Card online by visiting the official website or using their mobile application by following the instructions below.
- Visit the Walmart official Website ‘https://www.walmartmoneycard.com‘ or Launch the Mobile Application on your phone.
- Log in through your account credentials and reach the dashboard.
- Select the ‘Settings‘ option and choose ‘Close Account.’
- Confirm the cancellation by following the next steps.
- You will get a confirmation message, such as successfully cancelling your Walmart money card account.
- If you have multiple accounts, follow the steps by selecting the card individually.
- After you’ve cancelled your account, you cannot use the card or access your account balance, so make sure you utilize the remaining money before closing your account.
How to Cancel Walmart Money Card by Customer Support
You can cancel your Walmart money card by contacting customer service. Follow the given steps below to request the closure process.
- Contact 877-937-4098 for Walmart Money Card customer care, and connect to the support team.
- Notify the person who answers that you want to cancel your Walmart Money Card. You might be asked to provide information including your birth date, address, 16-digit account number and a Social Security number or SSN.
- Next, a customer service person will confirm your identity. They will, after that, with your request, cancel your money card account.
- Finally, a customer service person will cancel your Walmart Money Card.
Cancel your Walmart Money Card Offline
- Locate nearby Walmart or MoneyCard Support Center.
- Contact the Support team and request the cancellation of your account.
- Share the necessary information to complete the closure process of the account.
- The Helpdesk officer will help to process the cancellation of the MoneyCard account.
What happens when Canceling my Money Card Account
The Money Card will be invalid, it's not accessible for transactions, and the account will be terminated entirely.
My Credit Score is impacted by cancelling the Money Card Account?
No, cancelling your Walmart Money Card account does not affect your credit score. Prepaid cards, including the Walmart Money Card, have no connection to your credit or credit score history.
What is the Expected time to complete my Walmart Money Card Account Closure Process?
According to the reports, the closure process will take up to 7 to 10 business days; once completed the process you will receive a confirmation by email.