EPFO members may access the service by SMS using their registered mobile number linked with their Provident Fund Account. When new member registers for the first time with the EPFO site, they are required to enter their mobile number. When you change your contact number and attempt to access your EPF information, you find that the previous phone number was registered with the EPFO.
Now, you must update your EPF mobile number on the EPFO site to reflect the new number. And now you’re wondering how to alter the mobile number on your PF account or how to update the mobile number on your EPFO account.
Changing your EPF mobile number is important since you will be unable to access services or get information through SMS if you do not do so. Therefore, let us explore the easy steps involved in changing an EPFO member’s EPF mobile number online.
How to Update your Mobile Number if you forgot your PF Password
The EPFO sends information through SMS. So, if an employee’s mobile number changes, update your contact number on the EPFO website. Changing your mobile number on the EPFO website is simple by the simple step.
- Visit the official website of EPFO at https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- On another page, click on the ‘Our Services‘ button and then on the ‘For Employees‘ option from the dropdown list.
- Then, under the ‘Services‘ menu, click the ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)‘ link.
- Enter your UAN Number, and your password to Login by Choosing the ‘Sign In‘ option.
- Click the ‘Contact Details‘ option from the ‘Manage tab‘s dropdown list.
- Choose the ‘Change Mobile Number‘ option.
- Enter your new mobile number twice in the relevant fields and click ‘Get Authorization Pin‘.
- A Two-Factor authentication (OTP) will be generated and delivered to the new mobile number. Enter this OTP and then click the ‘Submit’ button to update the EPFO website with the new number.
How to Update your Mobile number on the EPFO Website if you Forgot your Password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, you may update it on the EPFO site by following these steps:
- Navigate to the EPFO’s official website login page at https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Click the ‘Forgot Password‘ link in the new window
- Enter the UAN and captcha codes exactly as they appear on the screen, and then click the ‘Submit‘ button.
- You will then be routed to another page where you will be asked ‘Do you wish to send the OTP to the following mobile number?’ and must answer ‘No‘.
- Enter your personal information, such as your name, gender, and birth date.
- Enter your PAN or Adhaar number along with your new mobile number and click ‘Get OTP‘ and ‘Verify‘ buttons to confirm your identity.
- You now have the option of creating a new password and clicking the ‘Submit‘ button.
- The EPFO website will be updated with the mobile number and password.
How to update your mobile number manually in an EPF Account
- Complete the application form with your mobile number and verify that it is connected to your Adhaar card.
- Once signed and approved by your employer, this form will be submitted to the regional PF office for approval.
- After registering the new mobile number, you will get an SMS confirmation from the EPFO.