A nominee is an option that enables an account holder(s) to nominate a person, who can recover the profits of the bank account (single/joint accounts as well as accounts of single property business) only on the death of the main account holders. SBI online banking gives about every payment activities service at your fingertips.
Using SBI online banking, you may add and see the nominee’s name and details using your computer/smartphone. In this simple guide, help to check nominees in an SBI account online in a step-by-step method.
Nominee in SBI
When you register a new bank account in SBI, you get an option to Add a Nominee in SBI. At any point in time, you have the option to change the nominee for your SBI Account. However, you may also check Nominee in SBI anytime. All the details of the Nominee including the Name and Address can be verified.
The procedure to check nominees in SBI is quite easy and can be completed in both online and offline ways, you can check nominees in SBI Online and customer care also helps to know by calling 1800 425 3800.
How to Check Nominee in SBI Account through Net Banking
- Check nominee details for your SBI account, deposit accounts, and loan accounts anytime.
- Open the website https://www.onlinesbi.com/ on your computer or smartphone.
- On the login screen, enter the SBI Username and password.
- Enter the Captcha code and then click “Log in”.
- On the following screen, enter the OTP code sent to your registered mobile number.
- After logging in, choose “Requests & Enquiries” from the main menu.
- On the new page, choose “Online nomination”.
- Choose the “Inquire Nomination” tab on the new page, then select the account (savings, deposit, etc.) from the list and click the Continue button.
- On the new page, accept the terms and conditions by checking the box and clicking Continue.
- Done, In this window, you may see the account holder’s nominee name and address.
How to Check Nominee in SBI Account through Passbook
- Open your Bank Passbook to Check Nominees in SBI.
- The Bank Passbook also includes the Nominee’s Details.
- Nominee Details in the Bank Passbook are not updated by most branches.
- You must update your Nominee Details in Bank Passbook by the bank’s Executive.
How to Check Nominee in SBI Account through Branch Visit
To check Nominee in SBI through Branch Visit, you need to follow the step-by-step process shown below:
- Collect your SBI Address and ID Proof Documents.
- Contact your SBI Home Branch with both the Originals of your Address proof and ID Proof documents. Bring your Bank Passbook as well.
- Inform the Accounts Executive that you need to Verify the Nominee Information of your SBI Account.
- You will be requested to submit your ID/Address verification document or both your Passbook.
- After confirmation of your Documents, you will be given the Nominee Details linked with your SBI Account.
How to Add a Nominee through SBI Net Banking
- Login to onlinesbi.com using your username and password details.
- After logging in, choose the ‘Request & Enquiries’ option.
- Choose the ‘Online Nomination’ option.
- If you have many accounts, it will show all accounts.
- Select the account to which you want to add a nominee.
- Select the ‘Continue’ option.
- Enter Nominee’s Name, DOB, Address, and Relationship to the Account Holder
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Activate your high-security password through SMS to your registered mobile number.
- Then choose the ‘Confirm’ button.