Though SBI is the oldest bank of India, it is not leaving any stone unturned when it comes to providing modern-day services to its customer. It provides some of the exceptional features that are not provided by other modern banks of the time. Maintaining a monthly Average Balance is one of the features which was embedded in the digital banking sector by SBI Banks. Later, many banks also started to embed it.
Like other banks, SBI also relies on the Monthly Average Balance (MAB) concept. The monthly average balance is the amount that needs to be maintained by SBI account holders every month. It helps to avoid inactive accounts and save the account holders from incurring charges/penalties by the bank for maintaining a low monthly average balance. All the account holders of the SBI Bank can easily check their MAB online. Just follow the process discussed below to check the MAB (Monthly Average Balance) of the SBI account.
Process of checking the monthly average balance in SBI: –
- Open the official internet banking page of SBI. Alternatively, click https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- From the two sections that appear on the screen, look for the personal banking session. There you will find two ways to login into the internet banking facility. Instead of pressing the ‘YONO’ tab, click on the ‘Login’ tab.
- On the new page, we will see a tab ‘Continue to Login’. Click it.
- Enter your internet banking username and password, and the captcha code as well.
- After logging in, you will see the first column as ‘Transaction Accounts’. Under this section, you will see a hyperlink with the text ‘Click here to view the last 10 transactions. Click on that.
- Now, you will see the information related to your account in short. In the details, you will find an option Monthly Average Balance. In front of it, you will find the hyperlinked text ‘Click Here for MAB’. Click on that.
- A new page will appear on the screen, which will give you information about your monthly average balance.
Note: – The monthly average balance that an SBI account holder needs to maintain is INR 3,000. SO, you need to maintain this average balance within 30 days.