Customers of HDFC Bank can Close/Cancel/Break their Fixed Deposits online and offline, both methods are introduced by HDFC Bank. Who has interested or who needs to close their FD After maturity or Pre-Mature with generated interest returns easily by the following simple methods.
Fixed Deposits are Classified into two Categories.
- After Mature.
Here are the ways or methods to close or Break an FD in HDFC Bank.
- Through HDFC Bank internet banking.
- By visiting Nearby HDFC Bank Branch.
How to Break an FD by Visiting HDFC Bank Branch (Pre-mature)
- Visit a bank branch and get documentation for a Pre-mature withdrawal.
- Complete the form by providing relevant information such as your name, bank account information, and FD number.
- Submit the form you have filled out to the bank for processing.
- After the FD is terminated, the money is transferred to your savings account.
- Submit the Bond of Fixed Deposit original document to the bank to process the closure request from the bank.
Closing an HDFC FD Account on Maturity
- On maturity, you may end your HDFC FD account by visiting the bank where you started it.
- To begin the closure procedure, you must submit your completely discharged fixed deposit original document (FD Bond) maturity.
- If the maturity date occurs on a weekend or a bank holiday, the deposit will be paid the next business day.
- The deposit will be credited immediately to the bank account of the first depositor through RTGS/NEFT or by an account payee cheque issued to the first depositor.
Close your FD through HDFC Net Banking
- Login to HDFC Bank Online Account at https://hdfcbank.com.
- Proceed with the “Fixed Deposit” option from On the dashboard menu options.
- Select the FD Account that you want to cancel from the drop-down list.
- Confirm the information supplied and click “Submit“.
- Your savings account will be credited with the amount of the FD.
- Your FD Account closure request is approved funds will be deposited into your savings account.