Delete or Remove Beneficiary from SBI Account?. Follow the steps to Remove a Registered or Verified Beneficiary from SBI Account (Savings & Current)…
There are many ways nowadays to transfer money, like IMPS, NEFT, etc. For some of the methods used, you need to add a beneficiary. Beneficiary means a person’s account number that is allowed to receive the money sent by you. Sometimes it happens that we end up adding many beneficiaries, that are not required in long run. In such cases, we want to remove the beneficiary from our list to lessen the confusion.
SBI Bank provides its users with the facility to remove the beneficiary name from the account as and when required. The process is also quite simple. Follow the step–by–step process discussed below to remove a beneficiary name from your SBI account number.
How to Remove Beneficiary from SBI Account
- First, open the official page of the SBI website at https://www.onlinesbi.com/
- Now choose Blue colored ‘Login’ tab present in the personal banking section.
- Now, press the ‘CONTINUE TO LOGIN’ tab.
- You will then be asked to enter your SBI internet banking username and password. Together with it, you need to enter the correct captcha code and then click the ‘LOGIN’ tab.
- You will then be asked to enter the OTP sent on your registered mobile number. Enter that.
- You will now be taken to the home page of your logged-in account. You will see the ‘payments and transfer’ tab on the blue line, providing various options. Hover your mouse over it and automatically a drop-down list will appear. Choose the option ‘Add & Manage Beneficiary’.
- On the next page, you will be asked your profile password. This is a secure password that we set when we register for internet banking services. Enter that password and then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Now, you will be asked about the type of beneficiary you want to remove from your account, like – credit card beneficiary, SBI beneficiary, another bank beneficiary, etc. Choose the option as per your requirement. Here, I am choosing the option ‘Other Bank Beneficiary’.
- On the screen that appears next, you first have to choose the ‘Delete’ tab present between the tabs like Add, Modify, Approve, etc. When you do that, all the beneficiary account numbers of other banks will appear on the screen. You have to choose the beneficiary account number that you want to delete.
- A ‘Show Detail’ tab will appear. Click on that.
- Now, all the information related to that beneficiary account will appear on the screen. You can check the details and if you are sure that you have chosen the right beneficiary account that you want to delete, click the ‘Delete’ tab.
In this way, you can delete all the beneficiaries that you want to delete from your account one – by one. I hope, the process is clear to you.