SBI KYC Update is mandatory for every State Bank of India bank customer to update their KYC (Know Your Customer) details from time to time as per the Reserve Bank (RBI) directive. KYC is your personal details that you provide to the bank, and it is essential for the bank to have up-to-date details as per the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act 2002 (PMLA).
If you have an account with State Bank, you can easily update your KYC through the Yono app. This will ensure that you do not face any difficulties with critical services. If any of your details such as your home address or other information change, make sure to update them with the bank.
You can do this by going to your nearest SBI branch and submitting the Annexure A form in a pre-filled format. If none of your details have changed, you can report the same to the bank through this form after signing it. You can also email the form to the bank through a registered mail address.
If you need to update any details in your KYC, make sure to visit the SBI branch with the original KYC document and one photograph. In this case, you should submit Annexure C ‘Self Declaration Form’ for KYC updation.
If you don’t have the time to visit a bank branch, you can also update your KYC through the SBI Yono app. Note that you can update your KYC through the Yono app even if there is no change in your details.
How do we update SBI KYC through YONO App?
- Launch the SBI YONO app on your smartphone and log in using your user ID and password.
- Click on SERVICE REQUEST in the menu at the top left of the home screen. This menu is visible only for those who have KYC update due.
- Click on Update KYC.
- Here, you need to enter your profile password and complete the task.
- Verify your address. If required.. your occupation and income can also be updated.
- If you want to update your address details, click on YES in the KYC address details update option.
- Tick the box below and tap on the Next button.
- Now, enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number there and click the submit button. That’s it, the SBI KYC update is complete.