The HDFC Bank Debit Card may be used for cash withdrawals, internet purchases, and even international transactions. HDFC has introduced daily withdrawal limits for HDFC debit cards. The transaction and withdrawal limits can be increased by changing the HDFC default settings. In this post, we will show you how to increase HDFC debit card daily withdrawal and transaction limits for online, POS, and international transactions.
The increased limits for ATM withdrawals, debit card swiping and cash transfers will avoid the customers from going to bank branches, that too outside banking hours, for such large transactions. Usually, the maximum the customers of most of the banks can withdraw using ATMs is Rs 50,000 in a day.
The bank is now in the process of informing its customers about these increased debit card limits. In order to be successful, other banks will have to increase their own card limits for ATM withdrawals, shopping, and cash transfers, a having to compete bank executive said.
HDFC Debit Card Withdrawal Limit per Day
Those HDFC Bank Account holders must note the daily withdrawal limit depending on the balance in your account, it is possible to withdraw up to Rs. 1 lakh at the ATM daily, and spend Rs. 2.75 lacs daily. These limits have been set for your card security.
- Daily Domestic Shopping limits: Rs. 5 lacs.
- Daily Domestic ATM withdrawal limits: Rs. 1 lac.
Increase HDFC Debit Card Withdrawal Limit per Day for E-com, POS, and international transactions
- Open HDFC net banking at https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking.
- Log in using your Customer ID/Username and Password.
- Then, from the main page, choose ‘Cards’ from the menu.
- Now, from the left menu, choose “Request” under Debit Cards.
- Choose “Set Debit Card Usage/Limits” from the request sub-menu.
- On the new screen, enter the Card Number and click Continue.
- The new page shows your “HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day”.
- On the same page, under ATM use, enter your new withdrawal limit. (You may enter up to the maximum amount specified below the box.)
- You may also increase the limit for Online, Merchant Outlet, and Contactless: Click and Pay by entering the new limit in the allocated place.
- Finally, click the “Continue” option to save your changes.
- Continue to submit the HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day request after verifying the changed limits for each transaction method.
- Done, Now that your new limits are set up, you may transaction up to limits. After the new increase in the HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day is completed, you
- Will be informed through screen messages, SMS, and email.
Daily HDFC ATM Withdrawal Limit
- Each bank has set a cash withdrawal limit, which is usually communicated when the card is issued.
- A maximum of Rs.10,000 per transaction is allowed at other banks’ ATMs and the Daily Domestic ATM withdrawal limits: Rs. 1 lac.
- The maximum number of notes per transaction is 40.
Limits on HDFC bank transfers per day
Aside from UPI, AT withdrawal, you can send money to the sender’s account using NEFT, IMPS, and RTGS. Here are the transfer channel limits –
- NEFT – Rs.1-10 Lakh per transaction – fast payment available 24/7 working hours.
- IMPS – Rs.1 – 2 Lakh each day per transaction. – quick payments 24X7.
- RTGS – 2 lakhs to no limit. Immediate available 24/7 working hours.
HDFC ATM Card Daily Limit
- NRO Debit Card: 25,000 ATM withdrawals and 1.75 lakhs shopping limits.
- RuPay Premium Debit Card : It is allowed to withdraw a limit of Rs.25,000 each day, and to shop up to a limit of Rs 2.75 lakhs every day.
- Rupay NRO Debit Card: You can withdraw Rs.25,000 from any ATM and spend Rs 2.75 lakhs using Easy Shop Rupay NRO Debit Card.
- Platinum Debit Card: This card has a daily ATM withdrawal limit of Rs.1 lakh and a shopping limit is 5 lakhs.
- Classic Platinum Debit Card: ATM withdrawal limit of Rs.1 lakh and Personal Accidental Death Coverage of up to Rs.12 lakh can be used on Easy shop Classic Platinum Debit Card.
Limits on Daily Transactions using HDFC Bank UPI
- Yes, there are some limits on what can be completed using HDFC Bank UPI.
- Fund Transfers: A daily limit of Rs.1 lakh or 10 transactions is fixed.
- Bill Payments or Merchant Payments: There are no limits to the number of transactions that can be made in this method.
- New UPI Users: The limit will be Rs.5000 for the first 24 hours, and after that, it will be increased to Rs.1 lakh per day.
- New mobile device, SIM card change, or device change: Rs.5000 for the first 24 hours, then it will be increased Rs.1 lakh.
What is the official website of Increase HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day?
The official website of the Increase HDFC debit card withdrawal limit per day is https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/.
What is the current UPI limit for sending money?
- The highest UPI transaction limit is Rs.1 lakh per day or 10 transactions per bank account per day.
- However, the limit is Rs.5 lakh for bill payments and merchants.
- Bill payment and business transactions are not included in the 10 transaction limit.
- First-time UPI users may transaction up to Rs.5000 to Rs.10,000 within 24 hours of their first UPI transaction.
Does the limit of Rs.24000 apply to withdrawals from one bank to another bank?
The daily limit of Rs.24000 has been withdrawn, these limits do not extend to cash withdrawals from bank accounts by other banks, Post Offices, payment service providers at international airports, or Fully Managed ATM providers. Branches with Currency Lockers are recommended to give cash to other branches in their neighborhood, whether linked or not.
Can I withdraw cash from a cheque?
Yes, you can withdraw cash from a cheque subject to your bank accounts up to a weekly limit of Rs.24000 (including withdrawals from ATM and above withdrawals). The daily limit of Rs.10,000 has been withdrawn. Small and medium-sized businesses can withdraw up to Rs.50,000/- each week from their current accounts. This can be completed in one or many transactions.