UIDAI has introduced the Aadhaar Card Biometrics Lock and Unlock Temparry to secure Aadhaar holder fingerprints, iris, and other relevant information. Citizens of India who have an aadhaar can use the function to manage their biometric data to lock and unlock at any time through the UIDAI portal or by installing the mAadhaar mobile app.
Aadhaar Biometrics Lock & Unlock
Aadhaar data is most important to every individual, and it is issued to every resident of the country. The Aadhaar is most important to access government schemes or programs and other essential activities. Every individual can authenticate through Aadhaar Biometrics such as holding critical personal information such as fingerprints, Irish and facial images, and other data of the Aadhaar holder.
Aadhaar data privacy and security are very important for every individual, and It is critical to ensure the safety of aadhaar data from hackers and spammers. That’s why UIDAI has introduced the Aadhaar Biomatrics Lock and Unlock feature.
How to Lock/Unlock Aadhaar Biometrics from myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
Managing your Aadhaar Biometrics is very simple through the UIDAI official website and Mobile Application. Below are the steps to access the Aadhaar Biomatrics Lock and Unlock Facility online through a Desktop PC/Laptop by login at My Aadhaar Portal.
- Visit the UIADAI official website at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, you can see multiple options offered by My Aadhaar Portal, including ‘Lock/Unlock Aadhaar’.
- Select and Proceed with the ‘Lock/Unlock Aadhaar’ option, and the direct link is here.
- Now you have seen a simple guide about ‘How Aadhaar Lock/Unlock’ works, carefully check the guide.
- Proceed to the next step to generate a 16-digit Virtual ID (VID), as only VID has the ability to Lock / Unlock Aadhaar.
- Once you have generated VID you can verify it through OTP.
- After Successful verification, your Aadhaar Biometrics are Blocked.
- To Unlock your Aadhaar you can repeat the same steps without changes.
How to Lock/Unlock Aadhaar Biometrics through mAadhaar App
UIADI has designed the mAadhaar mobile application for all smartphone users that’s allowed to manage all aadhaar services at one place at any time. Every Android or iPhone users can follow the steps to access lock/unlock biometrics about your Aadhaar through mAadhaar App.
- Launch the mAadhaar App on your Smartphone and log in by MPIN and OTP.
- Select and Proceed with the ‘Lock/Unlock Biometrics’ option by following the dashboard menu options.
- Now, you can see the current status of your biometrics, like it’s locked or unlocked.
- Just tap to lock or unlock and verify with OTP.
- Now your Aadhaar Biometrics status is updated to lock or unlock as per your interest.
What is Aadhaar Lock/Unlock
Aadhaar Lock or Unlock is the facility to secure Aadhaar Card holder biometrics to temparry lock, the facility offered to secure resident, security and privacy of personal data from hackers or spammers.
I Forgot my VID, How Can get my VID after Locking?
If any resident has forgot or lose their VID after Locking their Biometrics, they can use UIDAI SMS service to retrieve 16 Digit VID. Simply send the SMS from he/her aadhaar registered mobile number to retrieve 16-Digits VID.
Send SMS to 1947 from Aadhaar Register mobile number, RVID Space last 4 or 8 digit of UID. Ex:- RVID 1234.