As we all know that State Bank of India is the top-rated bank in India and also offers incredible services to its customers, one such thing is SBI international services. These international services enable their customers to do international transactions like withdrawal or card payments using their credit card who are travelling abroad and using it over there or to do any other online foreign currency transactions.
The SBI credit card international currency conversion fee is 3.5% and applicable taxes or approximately 4% of the actual amount that you have spent. There are many types of SBI credit cards which will provide different offers for the customers, but the actual conversion fee would be the same for all of those.
Activate SBI Credit Card for International Transactions
There are two different methods to activate your SBI international transactions on a credit card, one is using the website and another one is using the SBI CARD mobile application.
Activate International Transaction on SBI Credit Card through SBICARD.COM
- Just log in to https://www.sbicard.com/ using your bank account credentials.
- Then click on the services option and then select “Activate International Usage“.
- Now it will redirect you to a new page where you have to select your credit card number.
- Select the credit card number and then select the option “Activate” which will available below the credit card number selection.
- Now, check box the conditions then hit submit button to activate the international transaction on the SBI credit card.
- Upon submission, you will get a service reference number for any further help.
- After a few hours, you can check your request status by visiting “Services –> Track Service Request“.
Activate SBI Credit Card international transactions by using SBI CARD App:
- First of all, download the YONO SBI application from the Play Store or App Store.
- After installing, log in with the bank credentials of your bank account.
- Upon login, select “Manage Card Usage” in the menu icon.
- Now choose “International Transactions” at the bottom of your screen.
- Then, select activate online transactions and other options if you need like PPO transactions, ATM withdrawal and other options.
- Upon selection hit the apply option which will be the available bottom of your screen.
- Now, it will redirect to a page asking to enter OTP for authentication, enter that OTP and click submit button
- That’s it, your SBI credit card international transactions are activated!!!.
However, using credit cards in foreign counties will cost you so much as conversion rate and taxes, try to use SBI Forex or Travelcard which will have less conversion rate amount than a credit card.
How to Disable International Transactions on SBI Credit Card
Similarly, the customer of the SBI Card can disable their International Transactions instantly through simple steps.
- Log in to the SBI CARD App using MPIN or Biometrics.
- Go to the ‘Manage Card‘ Section, and Choose ‘International Transactions.
- Tap to disable and verify with OTP to deactivate the services.
To get additional information contact SBI Customer Care Number for Credit Card by filing from the registered mobile number.