State Bank of India gives full access to their customers so that they can access their debit card, by default SBI debit card is disabled for security reasons and you have to activate the debit card manually before using it anywhere. Once the card is activated after you receive it then you can get access to lots of options like transaction limit, ATM withdraws limit and also you can block your card whenever you want.
Activate SBI Debit Card for Online Transaction
You can activate your SBI debit card for online transactions in different ways like by sending SMS, YONO SBI App, Net banking and other methods. So, please follow the below procedures to activate your SBI debit card and also for managing it.
Activate SBI Debit Card for Online Transactions by Sending SMS
- Just send an SMS to “092239 66666” through your bank registered mobile number.
- The SMS format would be “SWON ECOM <Last four digits of debit card>“.
- After sending you will get a message as “your online transactions are now enabled“.
Activate your SBI Debit Card for an Online Transaction by Using YONO App
- First of all, download the YONO SBI Application from App Store and Play Store.
- Open the application and select “Service Request” in the menu options of the app.
- Now click on “ATM/Debit Card” in the service menu and then you need to enter the credentials to get access to your account.
- After successful login, you will be on ATM/Debit card page, now click on “Manage Debit Card“.
- Now you will get a lot of options like ATM/Debit Card Transactions, POS, E-commerce and etc.
- Activate the E-Commerce transactions option and then that’s it your card is activated for SBI Debit Card online transactions.
How to Enable SBI Online Transactions in Debit Card Through Net Banking
- Open the given link “https://www.onlinesbi.com/” or go to SBI Online Banking Page.
- Now, login into your account using your bank credentials and then select “E-Services” on the dashboard.
- Now click on “ATM Card Services” then choose the “ATM Card Limit / Channel / Usage Change” option.
- Now you will be redirected to a page asking you to choose your bank account number and the debit card that you want to activate or manage.
- After doing the above step, choose “Change Channel Type” and then click on enable online transactions for POS and CPN channels.
- That’s it, your SBI Debit Card is activated for online transactions.