The IDFC first bank offers a wide range of credit cards, which allow customers to get 10x rewards, among other features. If you have a savings account and a sufficient balance in your bank account, the IDFC will give you a credit card with a good limit as per customer account transactions or maintained funds.
In case, if you have lost or forgotten your credit card for whatever reason, you should immediately block it to prevent it from being misused. The IDFC First Bank introduced the security services of credit card hotlisting multiple ways using Online or offline methods as per following.
Block IDFC First Bank Credit Card
The listed ways are allowed to hotlist your credit card in case you need to STOP/BLOCK the card services immediately.
- Report by Calling IDFC First Bank Credit Card Hotlisting Number.
- Inform the Customer Care Helpline Number from the RMN.
- Through IDFC Mobile App.
- By using Online Banking Facility.
- Sending an SMS for Hotlisting Service from the RMN.
- Reporting at the Bank.
IDFC Credit Card Block Number
1860 500 1111
How to Block IDFC First Bank Credit Card by Net Banking
- To begin, go to the IDFC First Bank official website at www.idfcfirstbank.com.
- Click on “Customer Login” and then “Login to New Portal” since the previous portal didn’t accept credit cards.
- To access your account, you must provide your mobile number and password.
- After signing in, choose the “HAVE” option, then “Cards”, and finally choose “IDFC Credit Card”.
- If you wish to temporarily block your credit card, choose “Temporarily Block” and then select “Unblock” to unblock it.
- If you wish to permanently block your card, choose “Permanently Block”. [NOTE: You cannot unlock your card again and must get a new one]
- Last but not least, you will get an OTP number through SMS on your registered number. and blocked your IDFC First Bank credit card.
How to Block IDFC Credit Card by Reporting to Customer Support
- Dial, the IDFC Bank Customer Helpline Number at 186-050-011-11.
- After the call is connected, select a language and select “Repost Loss of Credit Card”.
- Select the first option “Block your Credit Card” from the IRVS menu.
- Followed by confirming your request and entering the last four digits of your credit card number.
- Finally, verify your credit card number and confirm it. Your IDFC credit card is disabled.
How to Block IDFC First Bank Credit Card by Mobile Banking App
- Login into the IDFC Mobile App by entering your Username and 4-digit PIN to access the app.
- Then go to the app’s main page and choose “Have” from the bottom menu and “Cards” from the top menu.
- Now you may see the cards linked to your Customer ID and choose the one you want to block.
- Then choose “Temporarily Block” to temporarily block your card, then “Unblock” to unblock it again.
- If you wish to permanently block your card, choose “Permanently Block”. [NOTE: You cannot unlock your card again and must purchase a new one]
- If you want a new credit card, choose “I want this card replaced” and pay a cost of Rs.100.
- You have successfully blocked your credit card and will get your replacement card within 7 working days.
How to Block IDFC First Bank Credit Card by Sending an SMS
If your bank offers an SMS service, you may temporarily disable your credit card with a simple text message. To use this service at IDFC FIRST Bank, simply enter CCBLOCK <Space><Last four digits of your credit card number> and send it to 5676732.
- Note: The SMS must send from the Registered or Linked Mobile Number with the Credit Card at the Bank end.
How to Block IDFC First Bank Credit Card by Reporting at the Branch
You may also contact the bank branch immediately, especially if the nearest branch is the best one to reach out immediately, you must verify your identity and carry account information with you.