Have you moved to a new city? Or recently changed your address? Don’t forget to change your Aadhaar with your new address. As a result, it is important that all of your data and details on the Aadhaar card be correct. Otherwise, you may be unable to benefit from government schemes offered by Union & State Govt.
If your address details have changed, you must apply for an Aadhaar Card Update immediately. There might be several reasons why you need to modify the address on your Aadhar card. This guide helps you to update the address in your Aadhaar with simple methods that are available Online & Offline.
The following are some of the most typical causes for Aadhar card changes.
- When you move from one location to another location.
- The address has a misspelling.
- The Pincode in the address is incorrect.
- When your child becomes 15 years old.
Whenever an Indian citizen wants to transfer permanently and performs house relocating, an Aadhar card update and address change are required. It is possible to modify the address on your Aadhar card.
Change or Update your Address in Aadhaar Card at UIDAI Portal
- To modify your address or update your Aadhar card, go to UIDAI’s online webpage, https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Click on the ‘My Aadhaar‘ option on the UIDAI website’s main page.
- Tap on the ‘Update Demographics Data and Check Status‘ link under the Update Your Aadhar’ section.
- Now you are directed to the new web page.
- You must log in using your Aadhar number and a One Time Password on this page (OTP). An OTP will be delivered to the linked/registered mobile number as soon as you submit your Aadhar number. You will be logged into the Aadhar system after entering the obtained OTP and Captcha code.
- The following window will show on your computer screen once you have logged into the UIDAI service.
- If you need to modify your pin code, district, post office, or state, you must contact the UIDAI support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will get a preview of the changed information. After that, make your payment and click the “Submit” button. For address change, the applicant will be charged a total of Rs 50/-.
- This will produce a URN. Keep the URN in a secure location as it will be needed later to verify the Aadhar card updating progress.
- The acknowledgement is now available for download.
- It normally takes a few working days to update the information. You may use the URN to check the progress of your update request on the portal.
- If your request is accepted, your updated Aadhaar card will be mailed to your address. If your request is denied for whatever reason, you must reapply for it.
Apply Correction of Aadhaar at the nearby Enrolment Center
If you have not been able to update online, or if you need to update your biometric information, you can go to the nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre. The following steps are involved in updating Aadhaar details through an enrolment centre easily.
- You do not need to arrange an appointment and can visit the permanent enrolling centre whenever it is convenient for you.
- Take original copies of any documents that have been listed against the corresponding change of data option. The list of papers is available at https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/List_of_Acceptable_documents_July2022.pdf.
- The agent will verify your information and if your documents are in order before proceeding with the Aadhaar card update online.
- The agent would input all of your information into the database, gather your biometrics (if necessary), and scan photocopies of your papers.
- When the transaction is finished, you will receive an acknowledgement receipt with the URN.
- The UIDAI portal allows you to follow the status of your Aadhaar change request.
- If your documentation is in order, you will receive your updated Aadhaar card in a few working days.
The procedure of updating an Aadhaar card has become much easier with the use of an online portal and a permanent enrolling centre.
Change or Update your Address in Aadhaar at IPPB
- The Indian Postal Payments Bank (IPPB) provided UIDAI services across the country.
- Visit Nearby Post Office with supporting documents and request for Address Change or Update.
- They will Apply as per your request by verifying your provided documents such as Enrollment Center.