The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) was established on July 1, 1957, as a highly integrated utility responsible for generating electricity, transmission, and distribution under Section 54 of the Electricity (Supply) Act of 1948 relating to Tamil Nadu.
Since then, the power network has been expanded to all villages and towns across the state. According to Section 131 of the Electricity Act of 2003, TNEB was reformed on November 1, 2010 as TNEB Limited, Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO), and Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) (TANTRANSCO).
State Citizens can register to pay their electricity bills and check the status of their connection along with the paid bill by registering at TANGEDCO / TNEBNET portal. This guide will explain the registration process along with Login and Status check online in a simple manner.
How to Register for TANGEDCO
- For TNEB’s new user registration procedure, go to https://www.tnebnet.org/awp/login.
- When you click “New User” you will be sent to a registration screen.
- Now, enter the Existing service connection number.
- Following that, you must choose your region from the list’s nine options.
- Now input the ten-digit customer number; no region code is required.
- Your customer number may be found on the first page of your EB card.
- Then, click on the check details button.
- It displays all of your personal information, such as your name and address. Select Confirm. It then shows a registration form.
- Fill out the registration form completely and accurately, then click the submit button.
- Your registered email address will get a confirmation email. The link in the email must be clicked to confirm your registration.
- The registration procedure has been finished.
Assume you’re trying to register with a service number that another consumer used throughout the registration procedure. In that instance, you will see a notification stating, “Consumer number already registered.”
- Open the link in any browser https://www.tnebltd.gov.in.
- Now a new window will appear on the screen.
- Now enter your TANGEDCO Username and Password.
- Now click on the Sign in button to log in.
- After Successful login, you will reach the dashboard of your account.
How to Change Login Password TANGEDCO
- After completing the registration process, click “Login” and enter the Registration No. and the Initial Password provided to your registered e-mail address.
- The home page will be displayed when you log in.
- Change your own password by selecting the Change Password option.
- Enter the old password (the one supplied to your e-mail), and the new password, and confirm the new password before clicking the SUBMIT button.
- Keep this new password confidential and do not reveal it to anybody.
- Your password will be changed, and you will see the message Password changed successfully.
How to Make TANGEDCO or TNEB Online Payment?
Consumers can make payments with the consumer number comprising a 2-digit region code, 3-digit section code, 3-digit distribution code, and service connection number with 1-4 digits. Follow the below link to ‘Know Your Consumer No’ for further details.
- Open the link in the browser https://www.tnebnet.org/qwp/qpay#.
- Enter the consumer number, mobile number (optional), and email (Optional).
- Verify the captcha code.
- Click on the QuickPay button and make the payment.
How to Check TANGEDCO EB Bill Status
TNEB Bill information may be reviewed online by following these simple steps:
- Visit the TNEB page on the TANGEDCO website.
- At the top of the page, look for the option ‘Billing Services.’
- Under Billing Services, choose the “Bill Status Menu” option.
- A new page will appear with the relevant fields.
- Enter your Service Number. It is a part of your bill.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, pick your current location.
- Verify the captcha code to find out how much bill amount you have in your EB Bill checking account.
Note: Customers frequently get incorrect invoices. It is recommended that consumers check their TANGEDCO bill status online before making TNEB bill payments online.
How to Download EB Bill Receipt
- Navigate to https://www.tnebnet.org/awp/login.
- Then you will be sent to the electrical bill reception page, where you must provide all of the required information.
- Click “My Account,” then enter your login Username and Password.
- When you click submit, you will be routed to your whole history of electrical bill payments.
- If you are not previously registered on the website, you must first register and then log in.
- Choose the dates for which you want the receipts.
- You may get EB Bill Receipt in PDF format from there.
How to Change Your TANGEDCO My Account Phone Number?
To change/update your mobile number to TNEB online, follow these steps:
- Open https://www.tnebltd.gov.in/mobilenoentry/ in any browser.
- Click on the mobile number update form.
- Choose your region code and Fill up your TNEB consumer number.
- Fill in the receipt number from your most recent TNEB payment.
- Enter the recent TNEB bill payment date. Enter the mobile number that you wish to change.
- Select the Submit button.